WINE AND SPIRIT EDUCATION TRUST LONDON
Wine and Spirit Education London (WSET) qualification is popular among professionals and gave students excellent all-round professional knowledge. WSET works with an extensive network of over 400 third-party teaching and examination centres, known as Approved Programme Providers, in over 50 countries around the world who offer one or more of their qualifications. These external Providers are being rigorously checked to ensure that they deliver the high standard of teaching required to enable students to pass their WSET qualification.
GOAL: This qualification builds on the knowledge and skills taught in the Level 2 Award in Spirits, and shows how these can be used in the hospitality industry. WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits offers a hands-on introduction to the world of spirits. We explored the main styles and types of spirits through sight, smell, and taste to develop an understand key factors affecting flavours and aromas. The seminar was delivered by WSET certified BELVIN School of Wine. The lecturer was Mr Alex. S. Martini.
SIDE GOALS: Intercultural dialogue, natural and cultural heritage, social networking.
LEARNING ACTIVITIES: Theoretical background about global spirit varieties in specific, history, sensorics, tasting, and short excursion.
- Participants learnt about different spirit varieties, specifics, production and taste.
- Participants learnt about the importance and impact of different spirits.
- Participants are able to taste the spirit and differences and were able to understand the vision of specific spirit producers.
We had 9 participants at the seminar, 5 participants are eligible for funding since they are our student or employees. We had one application from FH partner institution (Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality Ohrid) which was later cancelled.
PROGRAMME WSET Award in Spirits level 2 REALIZED:
Day 1, 16th September 2019
- 8:00Registration WSET Spirit Level 2
- 8:30-10:30Modul 1 WSET Spirit level 2
- 10:30-10:45Coffee break
- 10:45-12:45Modul 2 WSET Spirit level 2
- 13:45-15:45Modul 3 WSET Spirit level 2
- 15:45-16:00Coffee break
- 16:00-18:00Modul 4 WSET Spirit Level 2
Day 2, 17th September 2018
- 8:00-10:00Modul 5 WSET Spirit level 2
- 10:00-10:15Coffee break
- 10:15-12:15Modul 6 WSET Spirit level 2
- 12:15-13:15Lunch at Restaurant 7
- 13:15-15:15Modul 7 WSET Spirit level 2
- 15:15-15:30 Coffee break
- 15:30-17:30Modul 8 WSET Spirit level 2
- 18:00Free time for relaxation and learning
Day 3, 18th September 2018
- 8:00-12:00Preparation for the exam
- 13:00-16:00Excursion around Maribor
We are happy to inform you that this was the first time that WSET Award in Spirits level 2 was held in Slovenia.
Please find some more photos of the seminar under: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNdUUizDyB97qjQLC4NcMarRxs2jIR8SpZmqP1z5LIbTX3-jkISDw1dPPtq06cktA?key=SU5kZDctYk9TVTYxZE8tSUZwYXN5ZXBrNmozOG5R