The general direction and management of AEHT Europe lies in the hands of a collective group of elected members of the Presidium. Presidium of the AEHT mandated from November 13th, 2013 to the General Assembly in November 2017
All countries member of the network are represented within the European network of AEHT by a national representative, elected by the member schools of each country. National Representatives elected for the period from November 2013 to autumn 2017.
In Kuressaare, on March, 15th, 2008, a Council of Elders was instituted, with the following objectives:
- developing new activities, for instance new competitions specially designed for higher education member schools;
- preparing special events, such as the 25th anniversary celebrations in 2013;
- looking for financial support and advising the Presidium on important projects;
- using their connections as former school directors and national delegates to identify new professional members and sponsors able to contribute to the association's activities;
- seeking any other activities which may be of benefit to the association.
As a network of over 400 members hotel and tourism schools AEHT Europe itself and her member schools organise a lot of events: competitions, annual conference, Christmas in Europe, Youth Parliament et cetera. Added, an overview of all events of the current year.
After the earthquake in Aquila (2009) AEHT Europe organised a supporting collection to support our member school to rebuild her infrastructures and activities. Gastronomy of Peace became the program of solidarity that provides help to member schools experiencing difficult times.